770-466-2267 info@mygainsurance.com
Select Page

What Happens When it’s the Other Person’s Fault and Their Insurance Won’t Pay?

If you have an accident where the police have determined you are not at-fault and the at-fault driver’s insurance company refuses to pay your claim, how would you get your car repaired? Outside of hiring an attorney to sue the at-fault driver and their insurance company for damages incurred, a popular option is to file the claim through your insurance policy under Collision coverage (if you have the coverage). Even though your claim gets handled immediately, unfortunately you are responsible to pay your Collision deductible out-of-pocket. After the claim is settled, your insurance company then “Subrogates” the claim through the at-fault driver’s insurance company to reclaim the money paid out to fix your car. This process can take up to three years meaning recovery of your Collision deductible could take that long to receive back. In some cases, the money is never recovered and therefore you would have to assume your Collision deductible.

Be Sure Your Auto Insurance Coverage is Enough!

Call An Agent